No products in the cart.
ISPE Canada Affiliate Quebec Bike & Hike event
has been postponed to September 14th.
We look forward to seeing you then!
This year’s venue, the Joliette and Lanoraie area, was selected based on the ability to hold both the hike and bike ride in a safe, low traffic area as well as a beautiful spot to spend the day.
DATE:Thursday, September 14th, 2017
LOCATION:La Distinction Restaurant
1505 Base-De-Roc Boulevard, Joliette, QC J6E OL1
TIME: 1:00pm – Registration
2:30pm – Bike & Hike Send-off
6:00pm – Networking & Cocktail Hour
Following last year’s positive turnout, the committee has included a bike segment again.
- Bike ride commences at 2:30 pm
- Cyclists will have the choice between 2 guided rides, that is a 45 & 65km, both of which will include support vehicles.
- Cyclists will be divided into 3 pelotons, based on each person’s average speed, which will determine the type of ride the group will take.
- Please note that in order to register for the bike segment; you must be able to maintain an average speed of 20km/h throughout the 45km ride.
- Registration for this event will include the guided ride, access to the club’s locker rooms/showers, dinner, entertainment and prizes.
- Riders will be able to rent bikes on site at cost of 65$+tax in addition to the registration fee. All participants will have their bikes inspected by our support team prior to the ride send-off.
- New this year, we are offering a 7,5km guided hike along the Assomption River.
- The hike will also begin at 2:30pm.
- This hiking trail is considered easy and does not require any specific equipment beyond appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes to endure the 2 hour trek.
- Registration costs will include the guided hike, refreshments during the trek, dinner, entertainment and prizes.
PRIZES & TROPHIES
Trophies will be handed out to the cycling and hiking participants having demonstrated good sportsmanship in both male and female categories. Raffle prizes of an average value of $500 will be drawn throughout the evening which will be claimed by on site attendees only.
Participating companies will be able to sponsor a team that is, 4 hikers and/or 4 cyclists who must register before Friday, June 7, 2017. Prizes will not need to be supplied by sponsors as the ISPE committee will include these in the raffle.